The only family beach vacation packing list you need! Make sure you don’t forget anything and make packing quick & easy!
This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you). Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
Packing for yourself is hard enough, but throw a little human who requires a lot of things into the mix, and it can start to feel stressful and overwhelming.
We used this packing list for our beach vacation with our toddler and newborn, and we had everything we needed throughout the trip.
This family beach vacation packing list will save you time, will help you avoid unnecessary stress and overthinking, and will ensure you have everything you need for your vacay!
Family Beach Vacation Packing List
Baby & Toddler Clothes/Shoes
- Swimsuits/rashguards – we love these one-piece style rashguards for our boys
- Shirts and onesies (short & long sleeve)
- Shoes/sandals/water shoes
*Packing Tip: I like to roll outfits together and pack each kid’s clothes in separate packing cubes.
All of our packing cubes are either clear plastic or have a mesh top, so it is quick and easy to see whose clothes are in which cube without unzipping them.
Baby & Toddler Toiletries/Diapering
- Changing Pad – we keep this one in our car and use it when we travel
- Swim Diapers
- Diaper Cream
- Baby Shampoo/Soap
- Hairbrush or comb
- Children’s Tylenol
- Face/Hand Wipes
Baby & Toddler Feeding and Play Essentials
- Pump Parts
- Burp Cloths
- Toddler utensils
- Snack Cups
- Sippy Cups/Water Bottle
- Travel Size Dish Soap
- Bottle Washing Brush/Drying Rack Set
- Sterilizer Steam Bags
- Portable Highchair – This one can hook onto any table. We use this one outside all the time at our house and on the go.
- Swaddle Blankets -These are so multi-purpose! Great for nursing, laying baby down on, keeping baby warm, blocking the sun, etc.
- Bouncer/place to set baby – We love our Baby Bjorn bouncer. Both of our boys have loved it and it is easy to collapse and take with us.
- Baby Carrier
Baby & Toddler Sleep Essentials
- Sound Machine – we use this little portable sound machine at home and on the go
- Travel Crib or Portable Bassinet – we love our Baby Bjorn Travel Crib for the older baby/toddler stage. It is super easy to set up and folds up compactly for travel. We have the Chicco Lullago Bassinet for the newborn stage. It is portable, so you can take it with you when you travel and use it daily at home.
- Travel Crib Blackout Cover – this is clutch if your older baby or toddler has to sleep in the same room as you!
- Baby Monitor/Owlet Sock – make sure to grab all of the parts (camera, monitor screen, chargers, etc.)
- Night Light
*Packing Tip: We always bring 2 sets of PJs and sleepsacks just in case we have a pee-out or blow-out and aren’t able to do laundry right away.
*Packing Tip: A nightlight can make toddlers feel more at ease sleeping in a new location. It can also be useful in the bathroom for middle-of-the-night bathroom trips.
*Newborn Tip: I use this touch light when we are in the newborn stage and I have to feed/change the baby during the night.
It provides just enough light to see without being too bright, and you can easily adjust the brightness by pressing down on the light.
The light is rechargeable, but I literally use it for months without having to charge it. It is super small and easy to take with us when we travel – if you can’t tell, I am kind of obsessed with this little light!
For the Parents
- Swim Cover-Up
- Basics (socks, underwear, bras, undershirts)
- Workout Clothes
- Body Wash
- Skin Care Essentials (cleanser, toner, moisturizer, etc.)
- Body Lotion
- Makeup Remover
- Body Spray/Perfume/Cologne
- Hair Brush
- Hair Products
- Hair Dryer/Straightener/Curler
- Laundry Pods
- Dryer Sheets – these have SO many uses – wiping sand off at the beach, keeping shoes and suitcases smelling fresh, keep the car smelling fresh on a road trip, place in vents to freshen up your hotel room, etc.
*Packing Tip – Use a hanging toiletries travel bag to stay organized and use up less space in your suitcase and at your destination.
*Packing Tip – check to see if you will be able to do laundry where you are staying – you can pack a lot less if so!
- Fanny Pack
- Hair Accessories
- Sun hats – for kids and adults
- Sunglasses – for kids and adults
- Sunscreen – we like to use mineral sunscreen
- SPF Chapstick
- Insect Repellent
- Aloe Vera – hopefully, you won’t need it, but just in case!
- Beach bag
- Pop Up Tent or Beach Umbrella
- Wagon – makes it easy to carry all of your beach gear & can double as a way to haul the kids around as well – make sure to get one with all-terrain wheels so you can take it through the sand!
- Floaties/puddle jumpers/life jackets
- Beach Toys – we love this silicone bucket/shovel set!
- Goggles/snorkel gear (if applicable)
- Beach Tarp/Blanket – this one folds up super compactly. You can also use a flat or fitted bed sheet
- Portable Fan
- Beach Chairs
- Cooler – with plenty of snacks and water
- Waterproof Floating Phone Case
- Baby Powder – use this to get wet sand off
- Mini Fold-Up Pool – often a safer, calmer, and warmer option than the ocean or a lake if you have little kids who want to play in the water at the beach
- Hammock (if you have somewhere to hang it)
- Frisbee/football/soccer ball
- Books/Magazines – if you have time to relax a little 🙂
- Portable Safe – gives peace of mind if you want to keep your belongings extra safe at the beach
- Chargers (phones, tablets, watches, etc.)
- Book or Kindle
- Action Camera
- Portable Speaker
- Power Bank
*Packing Tip: Avoid digging through your bag to find your phone charger when your phone is at 1% or trying to untangle a million cords that somehow got tangled into a massive knot by keeping all of your cords and electronics organized and easy to access in an electronics travel case.
- Credit/Debit Cards
- Insurance Cards
- Booking confirmations (can be digital)
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Travel First Aid Kit
- Snacks – these are essential for keeping everyone happy while traveling 🙂
- Reusable water bottles for everyone – we love our stainless steel Camelbaks
That rounds out the family beach vacation packing list. Enjoy your family vacation – have so much fun!